Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Doula Care

I am super thrilled to have just registered for the next step in my training to become a birth doula.  The class I am taking is through Big Belly Services in Seattle.  They have some really great teachers and I am excited to get started early this next week. 

A birth doula is someone who can support and educate a pregnant woman and her family.  This usually starts in the 2nd trimester and support goes through out the remainder of pregnancy, labor, and birth.  Eventually, I plan on taking the postpartum doula training which includes support at home after the birth.  This is sometimes called the 4th trimester. 

I look forward to sharing with you as I go through this new experience.  I will be looking for families to do free work with while I finish my certification.  Let me know if you are interested!

1 comment:

  1. I think you are the perfect doula! It's a job made for you!! And my family has never been known to turn down free massage services... =)

    ReplyDelete